Creating a Funny Maid of Honor Speech That is Heartfelt Too

Posted by Dana on Thursday 14 October 2010

Hi Madison here….

I would like to make this post about tips for creating a funny maid of honor speech. As the maid of honor, you want to create a speech that will be a combination of many things. Your speech should be funny and memorable, heartfelt and lighthearted.  But the task of incorporating so many things into the maid of honor wedding speech can seem a little daunting.

When I served as my sister’s maid of honor, I experienced many of the same feelings that you most likely are.  I was thrilled to be the one helping her get ready for the ceremony.  But I was terrified that I would forget something or my speech would be boring.

I can tell you from experience that the key to creating a perfect toast has nothing to do with the exact wording or the formality of it. Instead, a perfect maid of honor speech has personality, and they have special words, thoughts, or memories specific to the bride and her groom.

When I began writing my speech, I learned from the maid of honor wedding speech examples to include humor. A funny maid of honor speech can be a great way to keep the guests interested and to personalize the speech itself. However, I also wanted to include something heartfelt in the speech too.

I learned that the speech did not have to be funny in its entirety. In fact, these kinds of speeches are best when they include bits of humor mixed in with more serious sentiments.

One very important thing to remember is to be careful of your humor. Obviously, you do not want to say anything embarrassing or offensive for the bride. Keep your humor lighthearted, and keep the embarrassing moments only slightly so. When in doubt, think about how you would feel if someone told the story about yourself.

Remember also to include personal and emotional words as well. If you need guidance for just what to say, consider looking at maid of honor speech ideas. While you will want to create a very personal speech, it never hurts to consult the words of others. You may find that just looking will spring your mind into action and you will find just what to say.

The best speeches combine a little humor, a little advice, and a little emotion. When you create a funny maid of honor speech with the other themes sprinkled in, your toast will be remembered fondly by the bride and groom.

Using Gravatars in the comments - get your own and be recognized!

XHTML: These are some of the tags you can use:


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment