Tips On Creating The Maid Of Honor Speech

Posted by Dana on Wednesday 13 October 2010

Hi!  It’s Madison…..

In this post, I thought I would the most important Maid Of Honor Speech tips that you should know.  I went back to consult my awesome set of resources and speech examples I used to help me create my speech from.   Click Here To Check Those Out. Hope you have a few minutes to take a look.  They’re pretty cool and had what I needed to plan the perfect speech.  It’s actually the best advice of the whole lot I can give.

So let’s get rolling shall we?  Here are a few maid of honor speech tips I pulled from the guides I used and my own personal experience.

Start by remembering that the maid of honor speech should be personal to the bride and groom. I would think you would know the bride quite well, so you should be able to think of some really neat and special stories to share about her. Maybe you want to talk about how she acted when she first started dating the groom. You may even want to look deeper in the past.  I remembered when my sister used to make a wedding dress from a sheet and parade around pretending about her wedding.  These types of personal memories are what makes a maid of honor wedding speech very special.

Add some humor into the maid of honor speech. You might know a story of some funny event when the bride and groom were dating. Just be careful to make sure it is not too embarrassing for the bride or groom.  I sure didn’t tell everyone how my sister’s fiancé got food poisoning on their first date!

Try using some quotes to spice up your maid of honor speech toast. Whether you know of a special quote to the bride or groom or you know a quote that seems to suit the couple perfectly, adding them in can add just a little more to the speech.

If you feel you have reached a roadblock, just jot down your thoughts. Once you have your ideas for the maid of honor speech on paper, you will be able to formulate them into one cohesive speech. You do not have to start out by writing the whole maid of honor speech at once.

Finally, remember to start writing the speech early so that you have plenty of time to work on it. Don’t wait until the last minute like I did.  If you give yourself some time, you will be able to walk away from the speech and then go back to it later. This will give you fresh insight and you may remember something you want to add.

Your maid of honor speech is very important, and you want it to stand out in the bride’s memories.

If you wanted to know again how to go check out the cool guide and the advice tips I used:

Click Right Here To Go Take A Look.

You couldn’t get better advice from anywhere else.

Using Gravatars in the comments - get your own and be recognized!

XHTML: These are some of the tags you can use:


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment