A Great Maid Of Honor Speech | Just A Few Simple Tips Is All It Takes

Posted by Dana on Wednesday 13 October 2010

Hi, Madison here….

And so it was for me not too terribly long ago!  But I overcame that gosh awful feeling with some very helpful Maid Of Honor Speech advice that was desperately needed.  If you are going to be a Maid Of Honor for a special friend or maybe your sister, please keep reading…………

I devoted this entire little site to help those who are looking for advice on maid of honor speeches or maybe you want to know how to word your speech.

Based on my personal experience, my hope is this site will have all the maid of honor speech tips you need.  The days leading up to and the wedding itself will be emotional enough and you don’t need this anxiety hanging over your head.  So let me just provide to you some simple, easy to learn tips on how to craft your maid of honor speech.

Oh, in addition to this post, I posted plenty more speech suggestions with my special Maid Of Honor Speech Recipe and Maid Of Honor Speech Tips posts.  Please check those out too!

Let me give you my top 2 tips:  (whatever you do, don’t leave these 2 things out)

Make sure you include humor.  Everyone loves to hear about funny moments involving the bride.  The Maid Of Honor Speech should include some funny little story from when you grew up or something stupid you both did together.  You could turn a story from when the bride first met the groom into a funny moment.  For me, it was when our mom made some cookies for company visiting and I went out back, and between me and our dog, ate them all.  But my sister took up for me and told mom she thought they were all for her. :) Immediately after, say something sincere and touching about the bride.  Tell a little story from the heart.  A fond memory you both shared together.  My sister and I are only 3 years apart.  I included in my Maid Of Honor Speech a quip about how we told stories and romanticized to each other about what our wedding were going to be like.  And that we made a pact to be each other’s Maid Of Honor.

To be honest, what really put this all together for me personally was reading over some really useful and neat Maid Of Honor Speech examples one of my friends emailed to me.  That neat compilation not only provided many of the excellent tips I’ve mentioned on my site but I got to see some really awesome and actual written examples to go with those tips. That really eased my fears about my maid of honor speech and helped me stand up in front of all those people with confidence.  Thankfully, I did not embarrass myself or my sister knowing what I knew. My sister and mom told me it was the most beautiful and sincere speech they had ever heard.  I felt so relieved.

And speaking of emotions.  Please, please, please don’t worry about being emotional while making your maid of honor wedding speech.  It really is ok to cry while speaking.  It shows real love, that you are caring, and your maid of honor speech comes from the heart with meaning.  The speech will mean more to the bride.  Trust me on this!  It is ok….

If it helps you to relax, sip a drink of wine 15 minutes before you speak.  Also another helpful hint, jot a note or 2 on your hand for important points you don’t want to miss.  Don’t go crazy like Sarah Palin did on her hand and certainly don’t set up a teleprompter like President Obama but just keep important points in your mind.  Reading right off a piece of paper word for word doesn’t look natural.

If you follow these tips and use those really helpful maid of honor speech examples from the same set I did, your maid of honor speech will be the hit of the wedding.  I can promise you that.

Oh, if you need the link to those examples again, I think you can:

Click Here To Check Out The Neat Speech Examples And Tips

Using Gravatars in the comments - get your own and be recognized!

XHTML: These are some of the tags you can use:


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment