Funny Maid Of Honor Wedding Speeches. | funny maid of honor speeches

Posted by Dana on Sunday 17 October 2010

So what goes in to great funny maid of honor speeches? After messing up my first Maid of Honor speech, I vowed to do the next one much better(if anyone would have me). The more examples I saw (and read), it seemed like the best had a good mixture of humor, honesty and emotion. None of those wedding speeches were boring, so I wanted mine to be entertaining too.

The best funny maid of honour speecheswere those that had humorus moments thrown in with the “serious wedding stuff. I guess a really funny matron of honor speech is a bit like a well written song… with peaks and troughs, verses and choruses. The funny bits have more impact when used in moderation.

Choose your humor to suit the audience. Something that has you in hysterics on a drunken “girlie” night out could be a disaster as a maid of honor speech. Think twice before you bring up embarrassing incidents. Again, what could be really funny elsewhere could seriously derail a wedding reception speech. Delivery is also a big factor. You may not be a comic genius but whatever you do, you’ll do it a lot better sober ( see Maid of Honor Speeches – Go Easy On The Booze! for examples). There’s plenty of time for drinking after your matron of honor speech.

In my case,  here’s the honest answer. Here were the (selfish) goals

1/ Getting a standing ovation.

2/ Not looking a fool.

3/ Not boring the pants off everyone.

4/ Still being best friends with the bride afterwards.

5/ Having the bride and groom fondly remember all the good things.

If you are stuck for ideas, you could take a look at maid of honor speech ideas, which is where I got my big break from. My suggestion, when planning your funny maid of honor speeches, is to do this list in reverse order.

0 comments:

Post a Comment